"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
1. Find a fossil on the Jurassic Coast.
2. Gawk at Daphne du Maurier’s house in Cornwall.
3. Start and follow through with writing a book.
4. Walk to the beach in the rain.
5. Go on first post-divorce date and not freak out.
6. Eat Mexican Mess in Brighton.
7. Volunteer at the local Cats Protection charity shop.
8. Glimpse the white cliffs of Dover.
9. Visit Jane Austen’s house in Chawton.
10. Learn how to drive a car with manual transmission.
11. Bake a Victoria Sponge cake.
12. Find a gluten-free Chelsea bun.
13. Visit the Scottish Highlands.
14. Get a UK phone number.
15. Join board game night at a pub.
16. Find a way to like tea.
17. Take a gardening workshop.
18. Have a Turkish bath in Harrogate.
19. Eat cheddar cheese in Cheddar.
20. See puffins at Bempton Cliffs.
21. Collect sea glass on Seahawks Beach.
22. Wander in the Hundred Acre Wood.
23. Eat Thai food in a bookshop in Hastings.
24. Visit the only desert in England.
25. Drive on the opposite side of the road and survive.
26. Try to learn the various regional accents and from where they come.
27. Attend an event that requires wearing a fascinator.
28. Find and pick a local fruit and make something with it.
29. Love on the “unwanted and abandoned” rescue donkeys on Isle of Wight.
30. Ride the Hogwarts Express.
31. Go horseback riding in Reading.
32. Pretend to be in a storybook in the Cotswolds.
33. Go star gazing.
34. Stroll down Mermaid Lane in Rye.
35. Figure out Sunday Roast and have one.
36. Explore the Yorkshire moors and Dales.
37. Try gluten-free/vegan haggis.
38. Do Canterbury, finally.
39. See a Shakespeare play.
40. Experience the waterfall and tropical environs in Shanklin Chine.
41. Have tea with naughty sheep in Scotland.
42. Do something out of the norm for New Year’s Eve (aka not fall asleep on the couch).
43. Get a local Brighton library card.
44. Find a personal local cause and donate.
45. Stay in an adorable pre-19th century cottage.
46. Go to a flower show.
47. Take Pickles Barrington on a train ride.
48. Buy a used bicycle for local riding.
49. Keep track of at-home cooking successes.
50. Just live in every moment.
** This post will be frequently updated with the date as each one gets accomplished. Here’s to adventure and trying new things in 2020 and beyond!